Does it feel like it’s just never the right time to start your weight loss routine?
You might have a family gathering next weekend, then its national taco day, then you have a holiday party – there’s always something coming up. We get it! Don’t get us wrong we love looking forward to holiday fun & food, national foods day celebrations, etc, but they can really send us down the path of procrastination; never fully achieving our health and wellness goals. UGH! Don’t get stuck in this cycle. You can start your journey and be successful too when you keep your goals front and center. Incorporate the the 5 healthy strategies below during any social celebrations and see yourself succeed.
Here are a few food tips to help keep your social celebrations at a healthy level!
- Portion control is key. Using a smaller plate will help make it feel like you are eating more.
- Go for a walk or play a game with the kids after your meal. Staying dormant after a meal is no good, but getting up and moving helps with your digestion.
- Make smart choices, but don’t totally restrict yourself. It is a celebration, after all! Try your best to stick with fresh fruits/veggies and limit or avoid the soda or alcohol.
- Stay out of arm’s reach of unhealthy snack foods. When you can reach a snack food from your seat, you are more likely to mindlessly munch throughout the day. By keeping the snacks out of reach, you are helping yourself from overeating.
- Remember your goals and why you set them! Nothing is more motivating than seeing how far you’ve come!
BONUS HEALTH TIP
Grilling your food is a great way to add another layer of flavor without packing on the calories! Just be sure to cook low and slow – carcinogens aren’t the best for your body, so you should do your best to avoid charring.