Learn the importance and how to wash produce properly! 🍎
Fruits & Veggies
Treat your body to the immune-boosting vitamins from fresh fruits and vegetables AFTER washing away the dirt, pesticides, and other harmful chemicals that cover it. Try these tips on how to wash fruits and veggies properly before biting into your fresh snack:
- Use soap, dish detergent, or commercial produce washes.
- Soak fruits & veggies in water.
- Use a fruit and veggie wash with natural cleansing agents to safely remove any bacteria, pesticides, other chemicals, waxes, and insects.
- Scrub firm produce, such as melons & cucumbers, with a clean produce brush.
- Soak grains, legumes, and nuts before cooking or eating.
- Dry using a clean cloth or paper towel to further reduce bacteria present.
- Wash fruits and veggies that have an outside peel!
The sprout family such as Beans, Alfalfa, Clovers, and Radishes are fun to grow, cook, & eat! However, you may not find them as fun after the fact if you don’t clean them properly.
Enjoy your purchased or home-grown sprouts safely by ensuring it is cooked thoroughly before eating. Simply rinsing raw sprouts will not remove bacteria.
*Prevent growth of bacteria! Be sure to clean preparation surfaces & utensils after use with a sanitizing solution to prevent bacteria growth & cross-contamination.
Make your at-home prep station sanitizer by simply adding 1 tablespoon of Bleach per Gallon of Water.
Learn more about safely selecting and serving produce from the FDA!