If there was ever a cure-all, this may be it! This super-ingredient can be used in your everyday routines from cooking to hair and skin care!
Here are 6 creative ways to use coconut oil in your everyday life
- Cooking Oil: Coconut oil for cooking is great when used at high temperature cooking like sautéing and stir-frying! Bonus: It even helps reduce hunger and improve good cholesterol levels!
- Coffee Recipes: If you haven’t tried Bullet-Proof Coffee, you’re missing out! There are countless benefits to this easy & delicious coffee recipe, but our favorite is the extra boost of energy it gives due to it having higher levels of MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides); these lipids metabolize differently going straight to your liver to be used as instant energy rather than being stored away as fat. Want to try it? Check out our Instagram for the recipe!
- Salad Dressing: Add a new flavor profile to your salad by substituting your usual oil with Coconut Oil! It also can help reduce hunger and daily calorie intake.
- Hair Protection: Want to show off your shiny, healthy locks? Coconut Oil for hair contains lauric acid which has been shown to be able to penetrate hair shafts to significantly reduce protein loss.
- Dental Health: Smile! Because coconut oil is attacking the harmful bacteria in your mouth when you use it for oil pulling. Try it out and notice the significant difference in your oral and dental health!
- Skin Routine: Soothe skin & reduce acne? We’re in! Coconut oil for your skin is shown to improve lipid levels in the skin as well as reduce acne-causing bacteria.
Have you added coconut oil to your shopping list yet? Try out these ways to use coconut oil and let us know your results on our social media pages!
**Note that coconut oil is around 90% saturated fat, so always consult a physician and/or dietitian before you begin to incorporate it into your healthy diet routine. When you do find that coconut oil should become a daily “thing” be sure to choose unrefined, virgin coconut oil, which has the least amount of processing.